Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyers | Lafayette Personal Injury Attorneys
What does a Lafayette Personal Injury Attorney do?
In Lafayette, Louisiana, a variety of workplace accidents, road accidents, and other accidents are caused by negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing. These accidents create Lafayette Parish personal injury claims each day. There are endless ways to get injured in Lafayette. Although many people believe that personal injury attorneys are greedy, or that they are simply "ambulance chasers," this is simply not the case. An experienced Lafayette accident lawyer or other Lafayette personal injury lawyer can help you in a number of ways. In reality, Lafayette personal injury attorneys cover many areas beyond just auto accidents.
“Every act whatever of man that causes damage to another
obliges him by whose fault it happened to repair it.”
- Louisiana Civil Code Article 2315
Why do I need a Lafayette Personal Injury Lawyer?
Lafayette, LA personal injury attorneys can help you in multiple ways. In most cases where someone gets injured due to the negligence of a person or a company, there is insurance to cover the personal injury claim. As you have probably already experienced at some point, dealing with insurance companies is frustrating and is often best left to a professional. Additionally, Lafayette personal injury lawyers or Lafayette Accident Attorneys can represent you in your personal injury claim throughout Louisiana, in state or federal courts. An experienced Lafayette Parish personal injury lawyer will provide you with support during your time of need and get you the money you deserve.
Just some of the matters that Lafayette Personal Injury lawyers at Lafayette Law Firms cover are:
- Lafayette, LA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Accident Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Punitive Damages Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Product Defect Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Professional Negligence Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Medical Accident Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Real Estate Fraud Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Stockbroker Malpractice Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Legal Malpractice Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Dangerous Drug Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Dangerous Medical Implant Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Auto Accident Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Drunk Driving Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Workers' Comp Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Construction Site Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Maritime Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Boat and Jet Ski Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Cruise Ship Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Railroad Employee FELA Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Slip & Fall Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Theme Park Injury Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Dog Bite Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Rejected Insurance Claim Lawyer
- Government Liability Lawyers - Sue the City of Lafayette and State of Louisiana
- Lafayette, LA Federal Government Liability Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Louisiana Governmental Claim Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Expert Witness Trial Lawyer
- Lafayette, LA Board Certified Trial Lawyer
If you or a family member are a Lafayette, LA personal injury victim, contact an Lafayette personal injury lawyer today to get a free initial consultation as to your legal rights.
What does a Lafayette personal injury attorney charge?
Lafayette Accident Attorneys usually charge an hourly rate plus a retainer fee. Most lawyers use billable hours and keep records of how long they work on your case, and make you pay accordingly. Lafayette personal injury attorneys charge in an entirely different way. Louisiana laws allow personal injury lawyers, or "PI lawyers" for short, to enter into "contingency fee" agreements with their clients. This means that your Lafayette Parish personal injury lawyer will likely accept a percentage of any money recovered if they win the case for you. The mechanics of a contingency fee contract can change between lawyers and in different states; however, a contingency fee agreement essentially means that if the injured person does not get money, then they do not owe the lawyer anything for representing them. You can easily see how this helps injury victims: they only pay for a lawyer if they win their case. Please contact one of the qualified Lafayette personal injury lawyers on this site to discuss your case, at no upfront cost to you.
Lafayette personal injury lawyers are experienced in handling personal injury and accident cases in both federal and state courts across Louisiana. Just a few of the many courts in which Lafayette injury lawyers typically try cases are listed below:
If your claim is worth $3000 then you will file in the District Court, which have unlimited civil jurisdiction:
Lafayette 15th Judicial District Court
Lafayette Parish Courthouse
800 South Buchanan Street, PO Box 2009, Lafayette LA 70501
You may also file in one of these courts, which have jurisdiction for claims up to $25,000:
Lafayette City Court
Find a Lafayette Personal Injury Attorney or Lafayette Injury Lawyer near you!
Lafayette Personal Injury Attorneys represent clients in all areas of Lafayette and Lafayette Parish as well as the area surrounding Lafayette.
Serving clients throughout Southern Louisiana, including Alexandria, Broussard, Cankton, Carencro, Duson, Lafayette, Larabee, Long Bridge, Maurice, Milton, Mire, Monroe, Morgan City, New Iberia, Scott, St. Martinville, Youngsville, and other communities in Lafayette Parish.Please consult the drop down menu above to determine the specific area of law involved in your claim and contact one of the qualified Lafayette Personal Injury Attorneys or Lafayette Parish Personal Injury Lawyers specializing in that area.